Our daily guaranteed departure bus tour will take you to visit Mutianyu Great Wall (慕田峪长城) and Ming Tombs (明陵). Mutianyu Great Wall is well-known among travelers for its breathtakingly beautiful scenery; Ming Tombs is where 13 emperors of the Ming Dynasty were buried. This daily join-in coach tour includes pick up drop off service, entrance fees to tourist spots, English speaking tour guide, air-con coach and Chinese lunch.
Tour Code: BBD
Price: USD35 per person
Departure: Daily | Book in advance: 1 day
Duration: Approx. 8 hours
Pick-up point and time: Your hotel between 6:30am and 7:30am
Drop-off point and time: Your hotel around 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Payment types: cash only
For weekends or nonworking time, please book the tour by calling +86 178 1320 5162
Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel between 6:30am and 7:30am, and then head north to the Ming Tombs (Changing Tomb). You will visit the above ground Changling Tomb, the largest tomb of all Ming Tombs, where Emperor Yongle (the first emperor after moving capital to Beijing) and his Empress Xu were buried.The sightseeing on the Ming Tombs takes about one hour.
You will end the tour on Ming Tombs at about 11:00am, before having Chinese lunch, you will have a short visit to a Jade Carving Factory. Jade carving is a classic Chinese art and you will find various beautifully made jade handicrafts there.
After lunch, drive east to Mutianyu Great Wall. Mutianyu Great Wall is about 70km from Beijing. The section was first built in Northern Qi Dynasty (550-557) and served as the northern protective screen of the capital and imperial tombs. The Mutianyu Great Wall is relatively less commercialized and has undergone less restoration works. Standing on top of the wall allows for a panoramic view of the surrounding countryside and beautiful mountain views.
After that, you will have a short visit to enjoy Chinese traditional Tea Ceremony. then transfer you back to your hotel around 6:00pm, end of the tour
1. Usually you will be picked up from your hotel or designated place at 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m.. Our tour guide will let you know the departure time in the evening before your travel date by phone or leaving a message to your hotel front desk. If you do not receive it, please call us back at +86 178 1320 5162.
2. Our pick up area is usually within the 3rd ring road of Beijing city. Please check with us if your hotel is inside our coverage area. If your hotel is outside of our coverage zone, you may need to take a taxi or subway to our designated pick-up point.
3. You can make payment online in advance. Or pay cash when our guide pick up from your hotel, USD and RMB are both acceptable.
4. Spring and autumn are the best seasons to visit the Mutianyu Great Wall. The scenery is beautiful and it is not too hot, nor too cold. In winter, the Great Wall staff will sweep the snow away, but it still could be slippery on the wall, so please wear anti skid shoes and warm clothes.
5. Mutianyu is an ideal section if you travel with kids. Try to take the cable car (Optional, CNY100 for one way and CNY120 for round way) up to tower 14, walk to tower 6, and then take the toboggan (Optional, CNY100 for one way and CNY120 for round way) down from there. Kids will love it very much. It’s always a pleasant experience for a family.
6. Please click here to learn more travel tips of Mutianyu Great Wall.
1. English speaking tour guide;
3. Air-conditioned coach with experienced driver.
1. Entrance tickets
2. Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
3. Air-conditioned tour coach
4. English speaking tour guide
5. Chinese lunch
1. Cable car and toboggan
2. Shuttle bus fee RMB15/person
3. Tips to the guide and driver
Tel: +86 178 1320 5162
Skype ID: intochinatravel
Update: Dec 17, 2018